Flower Power

Flowers are so much a part of the earths natural beauty....we as gardeners are the "monets" of our own invourment ...we have the creative power to paint our own personal space by using our knowledge of gardening......so join me and let's share some ideas and get started on our journey into the wonderful world of everything from gardening to throwing some great southern parties..........Southern Soup is for anyone ........throw in some travel, great food, wildlife, and some Southen Style and the sky is the limit.....Welcome



Monday, June 20, 2011

Flowers make us happy....

It's funny how lots of things in our lives go past us unnoticed, but have you ever noticed that when we want someones attention or we want to leave a lasting impression on someone we always think of giving them flowers....when someone is sad, we can give them a flower and almost immediately we see their face light up and a smile shows up instead of tears.....that is probably why when we are sick and in the hospital,  protocol is to send a bouquet of flowers, it just makes the bad go away somehow.....I think beautiful things create positive reactions in all of us, so to me flowers have a magical power to make us feel happy when sad, to feel better when we are sick, to feel loved when we are lonely, or just to say hey, I think you are wonderful........here is a flower just for you.........there is nothing more simple or so wonderful as receiving a flower. Often we buy flowers as a way to brighten up our home, we place them lovingly in a pretty vase and enjoy the very presence of them gracing our kitchen table or on a dresser in our bedroom...no doubt........flowers make us happy........I've been gardening for over thirty years and as I share my love of gardening with you and learn more of how to use this wonderful way of communicating with you on this blog I hope you and I can share many of our creative thoughts and our love of flowers for many blogs to come.....so if you happened here by chance please check back because you will find that the knowledge I have to share is fun and unusual........so share a flower with someone today and spread some happiness around .....   :D

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad I found your blog, via a friend on FB. I love your post about Southern rain -- can surely identify!!

    We're Mississippians, transplanted in Texas. We enjoy gardening, but have found that some of our 'deep south' favorites just don't grow well in this TX dirt!! Consequently, I'm really enjoying seeing your beautiful Mis'sippi photos!

    I've subscribed and look forward to your future posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much it's a always a pleasure to talk to another southern girl.....visit often I will be shareing lots of new things weekly......happy gardening....:)

    ReplyDelete

Southern Rains

Southern Rains
amazing color on a cloud filled day

Rain Drops are falling on my head

Rain Drops are falling on my head
A beautiful rose soaking up some raindrops

red pentas

red pentas
little red stars huddled together

black-eyed susans

black-eyed susans
a ray of sun on a cloudy day

angel wing begonias

angel wing begonias
thank heaven for a good summer rain