Flower Power

Flowers are so much a part of the earths natural beauty....we as gardeners are the "monets" of our own invourment ...we have the creative power to paint our own personal space by using our knowledge of gardening......so join me and let's share some ideas and get started on our journey into the wonderful world of everything from gardening to throwing some great southern parties..........Southern Soup is for anyone ........throw in some travel, great food, wildlife, and some Southen Style and the sky is the limit.....Welcome



Friday, August 1, 2014

"SOUTHERN MAGIC" 

I thought maybe this time of year was the perfect time to share a little "Southern Magic." While it might be a little bit hot, and the days a little bit long, there is nothing "little" about a southern summer. We southern belles "nevah" get tired of adding our own little magic to life. I've always said, "if you want to be happy, you gotta make it happen, sittin around thinking about it will get ya nowhere."  Since I love to garden, I love to surround myself with lots of shade and plenty of flowers. My secret to making life right on a hot sumer day is to create my own place to enjoy. Us southerners love making our gardens a lush, private retreat to share with family and friends, even my husband loves it and he doesn't like much of anything…lol. Every Spring as soon as the last frost, I start planning how I'm going to make a little magic in my own back yard. Color is key, and I use lots of it, whether it's from many colored pots filled with flowers, fun green ceramic frogs and multi -colored vases, colored  bottles or hanging chimes from trees, anything goes. Fountains add lots of charm, and the sound of the water calms the soul. I have them tucked away everywhere.  Since I have so much shade, I love planting orange and pink impatiens and angel wing begonias in reds and pinks. Hostas are a must, but deer love to eat them to the ground, so I have to put them in protected places. Mirrors are hung here and there and reflect the sun dancing on the trees. My favorites are the long strands of tiny round mirrors hung from the branches of trees. When the wind blows, everything sparkles like twinkling stars. As everyone knows a southern girl loves some sparkle…..Talk about magical, it's simply  enchanting …
 Making magic is just what southerners live to do, and there is simply nothing more entertaining than a bunch of southerners getting together. Add a charming garden setting. ... lots of sparkle….. some good food, a bottled of red wine, and some funny jokes from my brother…... Wha-La'….. I have the perfect mix for some good ole fashion "SOUTHERN MAGIC."

Mia and Roxy enjoying a little "Southern Magic" off their own. ( actually they are looking for squirrels) 


 I hope ya'll enjoyed a few pictures of my small bit of paradise and I hope I have inspired you to think about making a little "SOUTHERN MAGIC"of your own, even if your living in the north…..anything is possible…….you just gotta make it happen…………….



Yes that is an Eiffel tower in my back yard. (I am southern ya know so I can get away with anything…lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Southern Rains

Southern Rains
amazing color on a cloud filled day

Rain Drops are falling on my head

Rain Drops are falling on my head
A beautiful rose soaking up some raindrops

red pentas

red pentas
little red stars huddled together

black-eyed susans

black-eyed susans
a ray of sun on a cloudy day

angel wing begonias

angel wing begonias
thank heaven for a good summer rain