Flower Power

Flowers are so much a part of the earths natural beauty....we as gardeners are the "monets" of our own invourment ...we have the creative power to paint our own personal space by using our knowledge of gardening......so join me and let's share some ideas and get started on our journey into the wonderful world of everything from gardening to throwing some great southern parties..........Southern Soup is for anyone ........throw in some travel, great food, wildlife, and some Southen Style and the sky is the limit.....Welcome



Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"Southern Rains"

There is a song called "SOUTHERN RAIN" written by Roger Alan Murrah and sang by Mel Tillis.

     SOMETIMES MY SOUL GETS WEARY AND MY MIND BEGINS TO WONDER
     AND LIKE THAT OLD TRAIN 'THE HUMMINGBIRD' IT GOES TO ALABAMA
     THEY SAY THAT HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS DOWN IN DIXIE
     AND WHEN YOU GO DOWN TO DIXIE YOUR HEADING FOR HIGHER GROUND....
                                                      "SOUTHERN RAIN"
     LIKE SUNSHINE IT'S A BLESSING SENT FROM HEAVEN
                                                     "SOUTHERN RAIN"

After weeks without a drop of rain......today the showers came......I have lovingly watered my beautiful garden flowers daily and with each day have prayed for the wonderful Southern Rains.......today, falling from the sky like beads from heaven.......my flowers whispered a sigh of relief in the wind......

      I FEEL BETTER WHEN THOSE SOUTHERN WATERS HIT ME
      LIKE THE SUNSHINE, IT'S A BLESSING SENT FROM HEAVEN
                                                        "SOUTHERN RAIN"
      THEY CAN WASH AWAY YOUR CARES IF YOU LET THEM
                                                        "SOUTHERN RAIN"

I hope you enjoy my rain kissed flowers.......I know they enjoyed the rain with each droplet that clings to their pretty petals.......I bow my head and thank GOD for those SOUTHERN RAINS...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Southern Rains

Southern Rains
amazing color on a cloud filled day

Rain Drops are falling on my head

Rain Drops are falling on my head
A beautiful rose soaking up some raindrops

red pentas

red pentas
little red stars huddled together

black-eyed susans

black-eyed susans
a ray of sun on a cloudy day

angel wing begonias

angel wing begonias
thank heaven for a good summer rain