Flower Power

Flowers are so much a part of the earths natural beauty....we as gardeners are the "monets" of our own invourment ...we have the creative power to paint our own personal space by using our knowledge of gardening......so join me and let's share some ideas and get started on our journey into the wonderful world of everything from gardening to throwing some great southern parties..........Southern Soup is for anyone ........throw in some travel, great food, wildlife, and some Southen Style and the sky is the limit.....Welcome



Friday, December 9, 2011

CHRISTMAS GIFTS FROM THE HEART

     As December begins and the month moves towards Christmas, we find ourselves thrust into the frenzy of shopping for Christmas gifts. The Christmas music, the Christmas decorations, the cold winter winds, all play a part in propelling us forward towards a festive season.....What should we get for uncle Lynn and what about Aunt Julie. Sometimes the frustration of gift giving is overwhelming and can make us wish Christmas was not knocking at our back door......Trying to shop on a budget and find the right gift is almost impossible at times, but we seem to make it through each year and then start the process over again the next.........I found that after all these years of buying Christmas gifts, there is a way to mentally process the experience and take the ouch out of trying to please even the most difficult gift recipient.......Because I'm older, I have come to realize that the simplest of gifts turn out to mean the most.....So, what is the secret to finding that perfect gift for someone?........."Knowing who that person really is"......That is it....That is the number one secret to buying the perfect gift......and believe me people know when you really had who they are in mind ......


"It isn't the gift that matters.....but the heart that gives it."

 I recently celebrated my birthday and my family gave me (to my real surprise), a surprise birthday party...........Being a December baby has always made it difficult for my friends and family......  Not only did they have a Christmas present to buy, but now they had a birthday gift to buy to......I know that has to be a big problem because I have a son whose birthday is December the 24th, Christmas Eve,  and that is even more difficult........They did a good job making my birthday very meaningful by just paying attention to who I am .....what I like.......how I dress....What they know about me means something ....To my delight my two son's and their girlfriends  went together and gave me a beautiful long pearl necklace....They know how much I love jewelry and we all know that there is an endless supply of jewelry out there ....I love glam and they knew that, the gift was fabulous, but even better was realizing that they cared about me enough to know what I love........"Thank you so much my wonderful son's and their beautiful girlfriends".........Recently while out shopping my phone was stolen. ..... I was so sad and upset about losing my phone because I also lost a lot of my photos which are irreplaceable.....
 Chin up, I put it aside (after a few tears, of course) and moved on vowing to always keep my phone in my hand and never lay it down anywhere .....ever........My sweet daughter, seeing my need for a little more organization, gave me a wonderful phone case with a hand strap, so now I can hold onto my phone while talking in any store and the case was designer beautiful.... .....How thoughtful.........the perfect gift....Thank you my sweet daughter......My brother gave me a framed picture of he and I from a recent vacation along with the most thoughtful card I have ever received....It was so sweet and touching, it brought tears to my eyes......I love my brother so much, he knew that  giving  me a picture of us together on that special vacation would be the perfect gift ....AND IT WAS......To top it all off my very best friend gave me the most beautiful bird feeder , shaped like a deep leaf,  made out of copper, she knew how much I love to feed the birds and how much I love nature.......not to mention the 135 happy Birthday wishes I received on facebook ......each gift fit , it didn't matter how much it cost or how small,  they were all just sooooooo perfect ........
 Even though all of these gifts are totally different,  I was able to see and feel the meaning behind each one of them...... I felt so special ....Why....because each person paid attention to who I am ......and each gift was so preciously perfect from each person that gave it.........
 So for all of you out there who are worrying about buying the perfect gift for your friends and loved ones, take a moment to think about that person and what makes them special and start right there, who are they, what is their favorite color, what kind of hobby do they have, do they like bling or are they conservative.....
 Now put your Santa hats on, make a list, add some thought, mix it with love, and make this year a year of gift giving with "knowing that person" in mind......Merry Christmas, Happy Shopping and may every gift you give be wrapped with love and happiness............




"The best Christmas gift of all is a happy family all wrapped up with one another with a common purpose in mind."
Remember it really is the "thought that counts"................ps. don't lay your phones down....lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Southern Rains

Southern Rains
amazing color on a cloud filled day

Rain Drops are falling on my head

Rain Drops are falling on my head
A beautiful rose soaking up some raindrops

red pentas

red pentas
little red stars huddled together

black-eyed susans

black-eyed susans
a ray of sun on a cloudy day

angel wing begonias

angel wing begonias
thank heaven for a good summer rain